Thinking “Outside the Fences” for Thirty-Six Years in Stop Loss Underwriting
One80 Intermediaries NUS is a Managing General Underwriter based in Helotes, Texas near San Antonio. We continue nurturing relationships with our clients based upon a commitment to excellence, integrity, and trust. This same commitment applies to our carrier partners. We strive to provide unique stop loss solutions thinking “outside the fences.” Using a controlled distribution model, we take pride in delivering personalized and efficient service to a limited number of Third Party Administrators and select Producers across the USA.
1. What carriers does One80 Intermediaries NUS represent?
- Greenwich Insurance Company (A+ rated by A.M Best)
- Fidelity Security Life Ins. Company (A rated by A. M Best)
2. What is One80 Intermediaries NUS’s laser strategy?
- Optional by request on renewals in lieu of higher premium.
- Utilized on new cases subject to claimant medical review.
3. Is there a laser cap feature?
- Minimum premium of $100,000 required
- Elimination of laser: 10% premium surcharge for maximum renewal increase of 50% for the same contract terms with no lasers.
4. How does One80 Intermediaries NUS define a paid claim?
- One that has been processed and mailed
5. When will One80 Intermediaries NUS bind a case?
- With approved disclosure, 45-60 days prior to the effective date
6. Does One80 Intermediaries NUS offer a Terminal Liability rider?
- Yes, on both specific and aggregate
7. What is the dollar run-in limit on contracts?
- For specific, none
- For Aggregate, 20% of expected claims
8. What is One80 Intermediaries NUS's target market?
- 100 to 1,000 lives
9. What other pricing factors does One80 Intermediaries NUS evaluate?
- PPO savings and PPO contract issues
- Cost containment services
- Overall claims management capabilities by TPA
- TPA’s overall in force premium and experience
- Plan Document language/provisions
10. What types of groups does One80 Intermediaries NUS prefer to write and which are ineligible?
- Preferred: Stable groups in business over two years with 3 or less carriers in 5 years with at least 3 years of claims experience and 70% participation. (HMO experience is not considered credible.)
- Ineligible: Highly hazardous industries, long haul trucking, associations, staff leasing, MET’s, mining or drilling, etc. Exceptions are considered case by case.